[Magdalen] right to bear arms

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Dec 12 15:02:48 UTC 2015

In a message dated 12/12/2015 8:44:32 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

Yes some  of what we would consider the founding fathers were slave owners

The Founding Fathers living below the Mason-Dixon Line (and even some
above that line) probably had slaves.  It was the societal norm
in the USA South, as it was in many other countries, also.

I'm always a little amused but also saddened when there is criticism  of
Martin Luther for being anti-Semitic.  People were generally  anti-Semitic
then, and Luther was no more or no less anti-Semitic than his  societal
norm.

David Strang.- Remembering relatives who pointed out their (former)
slave quarters out back in Richmond, VA.   I could feel a chill up my
spine.
Four generations back, my forebears were from VA and NC.  I  expect
they pretty much all had slaves.