[Magdalen] right to bear arms

James Handsfield jhandsfield at att.net
Sat Dec 12 15:55:03 UTC 2015

It was a point of contention for the Declaration of Independence.  The Continental Congress had agreed that the decision to separate had to be a unanimous one.  In the initial draft, Jefferson included language about the abolition of slavery.  South Carolina refused to sign if that language remained in, so Jefferson, saying that independence was more important than slavery, removed the language.

Education is its own reward, both for the individual and for society.

Jim Handsfield
jhandsfield at att.net