[Magdalen] right to bear arms

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Sat Dec 12 16:59:20 UTC 2015

Beat me to it. Up until the current Supreme Court ruled in a case from
Chicago several years ago, it had always assumed that the 2nd Amendment
meant that the states had a right to form militias - i. e., the National
Guard.

I was also thinking that, since certain of the Supreme Court justices were
very big on "original intent", perhaps the right to bear arms should be
limited to those weapons which the original authors were familiar with -
that is, flintlocks, muzzleloaders, etc.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com