[Magdalen] it's that time of the year

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 18:40:41 UTC 2015

Back in the days of pagers, we all managed to (mostly) remembered to turn
them off during church, but occasionally there was an oops. There were at
least 17 nurses, a couple of doctors, and a veterinarian in the
congregation, as well as several others who were required to carry pagers
at one time or another. One Sunday during the sermon, a pager went off and
a number of us looked at each other inquiringly. Finally, from my vantage
point in the choir, I saw our vet making a dash for the narthex. The funny
thing was that the gospel of the day was "the voice crying in the
wilderness" so of course the priest had to make that comment.

Mike, I think your friend needs to see a surgeon about having that
broomstick removed.....