[Magdalen] right to bear arms

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 06:14:14 UTC 2015

​
On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 11:59 PM, Sibyl Smirl <polycarpa3 at ckt.net> wrote:

> On 12/13/15 2:21 AM, James Oppenheimer-Crawford wrote:
>
>> And as the comment stated, back in the day when they permitted everyone to
>> won a gun, they also permitted folks to own people.
>>

> A Right is not the same thing as permission.

Uh yes it is.

> A Right is inalienable.

Not necessarily at all.

And that's what's in the constitution.  The permission to own people is not
> stated as a Right in the Constitution.

It has been repeatedly demonstrated here that the Constitution plainly
permits owning slaves. I'm not sure why this is so hard for you.

However, YOU brought up "rights" and "the constitution," but neither was
part of the discussion that started this. The comment never mentioned
"rights." The comment never mentioned the Constitution.

It's transparently obvious that the Founding Fathers permitted owning
people.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford

​