[Magdalen] Invasion from Upper Midwest.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Dec 14 21:13:02 UTC 2015

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menards

In a message dated 12/14/2015 4:09:38 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
magdalen at herberthouse.org writes:

I was surprised just now to get an add from   Medards.com

After Home Depot and Lowes, this is the third  largest  lumber/construction/
home improvement retailer in the  USA.  The company is the  brainchild of
John Menard, a neighbor  of mine in Eau Claire, Wisconsin which is  also
the location of the  company headquarters.

Menard opened a small lumbaryard on the site of  his family farm at  the
western edge of Eau Claire in the  1960's.  His father, a math  professor
at UW-Eau Claire had given  up active farming, so the land was  available
to John who lived, at  the time two houses away from me, and his  land
abutted  mine.

John Menard has been for some years the wealthiest man in   Wisconsin,
and the latest figures I saw put his income at something like  $125  million
per year.

All that money and knock-out good  looks, too.  Some people have  all the
luck.

Whether  you'll start to see Menards retail home improvement stores  in
your  area remains to be seen.

David  Strang.