[Magdalen] Invasion from Upper Midwest.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Dec 14 22:12:32 UTC 2015

In a message dated 12/14/2015 4:51:38 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

We've  got 'em. Their TV ads have aa certain timeless consistency: no
matter what  horrible thing happens in the world on any given day,
there will always be  a deal on cobblestone pavers at  Menard's.>>>>>>

I believe their perennial advertising guy on television is retired and
perhaps deceased now, but for decades his nasal Upper Midwestern
twang and Kennedyesque mop of grey hair characterized Menards.
He had a peculiar swing of the right arm with a "Come-on in" to
conclude any sales pitch.

I should mention that Menards wealth and good looks have accompanied
(I think) now three wives.  At least one of these  marriages/divorces
had no pre-nup.  I chatted with another neighbor on a trip back to  the
area shortly after this divorce, and the neighbor said it "was SOME
divorce settlement," shaking her head.

Ah, well.  It's just money.

David Strang.