[Magdalen] Prayer Request Summary, Advent III 12/16/2015

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 18:36:55 UTC 2015

Week of the Third Sunday of Advent 2015

Stir up your power, O Lord, and with great might come among us; and,
because we are sorely hindered by our sins, let your bountiful grace and
mercy speedily help and deliver us; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom,
with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory, now and for ever. Amen.

+We give thanks for blessings...
we give thanks for transfer to long-term acute care and continuing recovery
for Janice Boyd, wife of our brother Don (11/30)
we give thanks for our sister Catherine+ who woke up with a 'clear brain'
for the first time in a long time! (11/11)
we give thanks for the 21st birthday of Samantha Grace Landrum (daughter of
Cady) 11/3
we give thanks for the completion of High School requirements by Everett
(the boy) Logsdon 11/3
we give thanks that our brother Bob has begun blogging again (10/23)
we give  thanks for our sister Cady's mother-in-law Shirley Grover who has
recovered from a blood clot with spirit and improved health (10/21)
we give thanks with the Craddock family as their son  Rory passed the
Louisiana July 2015 Bar Exam  (10/11)
we give thanks that our brother Jim G may have his vision prescription
improved greatly compared to what he has had to live with in recent years
(10/5)
we rejoice with our brud Jon+ and his wife Dawn as they enlarge their
family and their circle of love with the addition of a daughter Becca (age
25) (10/1)

+For the Church, we pray...
for  ++Justin and all the Primates of our Anglican Communion that all will
set their hope in Christ and work together to remain one;
for TEC's Presiding Bishop, Michael, and for all bishops of TEC, that they
may serve Christ, their flock and the church (please provide names for the
PRSummary, if desired)
for our Presiding Bishop, +Michael Curry, recovering from surgery for a
subdural hematoma and simultaneously having to deal with problems on his
staff (12/8)
for the Diocese of Pennsylvania, as they begin their search for a new bishop
for  The for The Right Reverend Libby Lane, Bishop of Stockport, UK and
first woman to become a Bishop in the CofE
for 'The Episcopal Church in South Carolina' as they move forward into
their ministry and challenges with joy
for General Seminary, NYC and its students, faculty and trustees
for Ascension Church, Chicago and for their now resigned rector Fr. David
Cobb, and for all of their parishioners as they move forward into a time of
discernment and call.

+For all churches in the search process for new rectors: St. Peter's,
Eggertsville, NY; All Saints', Morristown, TN, St. Raphael's, Crossville,
TN, Beckford Parish, Mt. Jackson/Woodstock. VA. Prayers for the rector
search for Trinity Episcopal Church, Washington, VA.
+For all clergy seeking new calls:
+For all those preparing for ordained ministry:
+ For all Religious in their life of prayer:
+ For students in our midst:

+For the World. We pray ...
for all of the leaders of the world who are trying to work together against
ISIS, that a way forward may  be found
for all those killed and injured in the attack on the County Health
Department Christmas dinner in San Bernardino, CA (12/2)
for all of the people injured and killed in Colorado Springs when a Planned
Parenthood office was under siege by a gunman (11/28)
for all of the people injured and killed in the Paris terrorist attack
(November 2015)
for the number of school/college shootings during the months of September
and October (2015)
for ISIS that their hearts may be turned from anger and vengeance.
we pray for all elected officials in that they may work together for the
good of all of the people of their countries and in the world in all of
their decision-making
for an end to the death penalty in the United States and in all countries
where capital punishment is still permitted.
for peace in the world and safety for our armed forces
for those killed and injured in all foreign lands
for those who have lost their lives by violence, whether by their own
action or the action of others.

+For our List Sisters and Brothers. We pray...
for our Brother Mike - prayers  during this third week of December (12/16)
for our sister Eleanor who has had a reoccurrence of her ovarian cancer.
(11/11)
for our Brother Allan, who had a 'slight stroke', as he faces diminished
left arm and hand movement  (10/10)
for our brother Richard as he begins discernment for a change in employment
and possible career (10/20)
for our sister Catherine+ who has had the return of seizures (11/15)
for our sister Sally as she picks up the pieces after her office was broken
into (11/10)

+Friends and Family. We pray...
for Jeff, pastor of Reformation Lutheran Church Mew Market, VA, and his
wife Tracy, as they mourn the death of Tracy's mother (12/14)
for Rob, friend of our brother James O, who is having knee surgery amid
other physical and personal complications (11/10)
for Hillel Natanson, having surgery for a torn retina  (that does not look
good) (11/5 Georgia+)
for Janice Boyd, wife of our brother Don, continuing rehab following an
auto accident   (11/5)
for a friend-of-Mike L  (11/2)
for Camille, wife of our brother Allan, as those who love her try to
provide a safe place for her to continue to find  joy in life as she is
able to live it through her Alzheimers diagnosis, and for her loving
husband who cares for her in so many ways. (10/29)
for discernment  and encouragement for Samantha Landrum, daughter of our
sister Cady, as she moves forward (10/21)
for Rory, son of our sister Jo as he begins his career as an attorney and
seeks employment (10/11)
for Linday+ friend of our brother Roger+ who is undergoing treatment for
bowel cancer (Roger 10/5)
for Debbie, friend of our sister Lynn, who has tumors in her stomach and is
still dealing with breast cancer (10/5)
for comfort to Tony and Latasha Dyer, parents of the young girl who was
shot and killed in White Pine, TN (Jay 10/5)
for the 11 year old boy who shot and killed an 8 year old neighbor girl in
White Pine, TN (Jay 10/5)
 9/15)
for our sister Renee as she stands with and ministers to Sarah
for Virginia, age 6, diagnosed with a brain tumor last week; the tumor has
been removed and the family awaits pathology results (Renee, 9/2)

+With continuing prayers, we pray...
for Sarah Low, AKA "Sarah the wonder child" daughter of our sister Renee
who sustained significant burns and went through surgery and is still in
recovery mode
for our brother Jim Handsfield as he cares for his wife Marcy
for our brother Christopher, diagnosed with prostate cancer(7/28)
for our sister Jay's son Adam, whose life is in a mess right now (8/23)
for former president Jimmy Carter, diagnosed with cancer
for Margaret, former parishioner and friend of Susan H+, who is battling
heart disease, and for her family (7/22)
for Larry, who has severe degenerative disc disease in his C-spine and is
in constant pain, and was just diagnosed with bladder cancer, and for his
wife Polly (Jay, 7/22)
for Kristin's mother, who has had a stroke and a brain bleed (Lynn, 7/21)
for John, who had quadruple bypass surgery on 7/15 and is recovering more
slowly than normal, and for his wife Brooke who is caring for him (Jay,
7/19)
for David, who fell and hit his head, had a brain bleed, and has been in
the hospital since last September having various kinds of therapy (Lynn
Ronkainen, 5/4)
for Annie, daughter of our brudder Jon, who is back in town and visiting
her dad weekly, that a space for  holy conversation may be found between
father and daughter (Jon, 4/21)
for David, brother of our brother Scott K, recovering from intestinal
surgery and facing more in the near future
for Bill Fleener+  (aka "The Fleener dude"), husband of our sister Judy,
continuing radiation therapy for his prostate cancer
for Jean, daughter-in-law of our sister Georgia+, who has been diagnosed
with breast cancer, and for her family
for Karen, friend of our sister Susan Hagen, who has been diagnosed with
breast cancer and who also has severe ulcerative colitis and difficult to
control diabetes  (Susan Hagen)
for Tim and Nan, two friends of my wife from her AA group, who are battling
cancer. (C  Hart )
for JWB, severely disabled friend of our brother Bob + Rea who is in need
of a support system after the death of family members
for  Robert and Eileen Smith aunt/uncle to our brother Scott, who are
experiencing health problems
for our brudder Deacon Jon, who has entered hospice care and still
ministering to many ("And remember, I am nowhere near death" 12/4) and his
wife Dawn.
for 17 year old Ryan, a good friend of my nephew Chris who is a young man
with a serious drinking problem (Sally Davies)
for Marcy Handsfield, wife of our brother Jim who is courageously living
with ALS and has entered hospice care
for brudder Jon, who is courageously living with SARC and COPD
for brother Jim Guthrie, being treated for cancer
for Joy Munday, friend of our sister Lynn, being treated for 3rd
reoccurrence of breast cancer (after two long remissions)
for Scott the Younger, partner of our brother Scott
for Verni Tully, mother of our sister Lynn, who is living with the
challenging results of a stroke in 2011

+ For our animal friends. We pray...
In thanksgiving for the adoption of Cassius from Southeastern German
Shepherd Rescue by the family of John and Melissa Minarik and their boys
(12/5)
for the joy that Majesty (21), beloved cat of Kristin and Heather brought
to their lives  (crossed 10/29)
in thankfulness for the life of Warren, beloved cat of our brother Bob+ now
waiting at the rainbow bridge

+ A prayer : O God, the passage from life to death to life is so hard on
those we love.  Comfort all who have lost those they love and those who are
losing the ones they love with the grace of understanding and acceptance,
which is so difficult for us. (JH, with permission)

+For the Departed. We pray...
for Ray Gandolf, sportscaster (12/5)
for  Alan Soukup, father of our sister Cady (11/25)
for Tim Wall, childhood friend of our brother Jim Guthrie (11/5)
for the Rev. Dr. Rhoda  Montgomery, rector of St. Thomas Episcopal Church,
College Station, friend of our sister Lynn (10/25)

+ Concluding Collect +
O God, be with us as we come together on this list; grant us wisdom as we
write; compassion as we read; and above all, discernment in our actions, so
that what we may write, or think, or do may come from your Holy Spirit,
reflect in all ways your will and in all things be to your glory, through
Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. (Composed by Sharon Brown, 9 Feb. 2000)

Most prayer requests are posted for up to 2 months before being removed or
relocated, please advise if you would like them to remain longer or of any
corrections or omissions.
Jay & Lynn