[Magdalen] Price Increase.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Dec 17 17:32:00 UTC 2015

My cleaning lady had an unexpected litter from her housecat, and
I agreed to take one, a male with unusual, tiger-like markings  extending
clear across his tummy.

It was time to have things done yesterday, so I took him to the same
veterinarian I've used for about 30 years.  He was neutered,  declawed,
had a small abdominal hernia repair, got his yearly vaccinations, and
a small supply of analgesics and antibiotics.

The bill was $650.00

Now that may seem cheap for those in the affluent suburbs, but
it's expensive here in the old coal region of Pennsylvania.  My  friend
in Saint Clair, NJ, reports much larger bills for his cats.

This is about twice what I think I would have paid 5 years ago, the  last
time I had surgery and an overnight for a pet.  Now, there is a wad  of
printed material (using the cat's and my first names) with computer
generated discharge instructions.  Also there has been an  enlarging
and remodeling of the veterinary offices and the original vet's
son has joined the practice.

I guess it's logical that those things/persons are expensive.  I  think
the general vet's are attempting to compete with the two new 24/7
veterinary clinics in town.

David Strang.