[Magdalen] Parish in crisis, was Re: Some Christmas music

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 02:00:49 UTC 2015

Roger writes> Getting the bishop to act as the
chief pastor and do anything to demonstrate that responsibility for the
cure of souls is virtually impossible. When a bishop does act in a
dispute it is generally without first investigating the situation
properly so it is ill-informed meddling which assumes the laity are
right to complain about the priest.

it is indeed a sticky wicket... I think that the authority between bishop
and rector is a unique one that is in many ways 'hands off' on the part of
the bishop unless there is an infraction of canon law, and sometimes not
even then... in difficult situations with a 'call' that becomes anything
from awkward to bordering on evil, I've observed the church/parish can very
well end up twisting in the wind. From the outside looking at the pain can
be palpable and the solution seems out of reach. (I must say this is not any
church I have belonged to but have had close knowledge or association
through friends and colleagues). My logical mind longs for authority to
bring order to the situation through intervention. Reality is often that it
does not happen.

sighing
Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com