[Magdalen] Parish in crisis, was Re: Some Christmas music

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Dec 18 03:56:22 UTC 2015

In a message dated 12/17/2015 9:15:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

He's the  bishop's recommendation for a short-term priest-in-charge. At
the request  of many at the parish meeting, Fr. James Dunkerley is also
being considered  (longtime rector of St Peter's, Lake View,  in
Chicago).>>>>>>>

While I heard nothing that would make him not suited to this role while  he
was +Minnesota, he certainly had zero exposure to the Anglocatholic
Liturgy in the style of Ascension in MN.  There is simply nothing
resembling
Ascension in that traditionally low-church diocese.  The only parish  with
some resemblance, was my parish of Saint Paul's-on-the-Hill in Saint  Paul.

Unfortunately, that parish was closed by the diocese at Easter this  year.
It's old tried-and-true Anglocatholic ritual had been so watered down
through
the last few decades, that there was nothing unique about it and with  5
TEC parishes strung out along Summit Avenue in Saint Paul, there was
much redundancy.  Let that be a warning, too, for Ascension.

David Strang.