[Magdalen] Desktop image suggestions?

Kristin Rollins kristin at verumsolum.com
Mon Dec 21 22:41:19 UTC 2015

For the past year, the desktop on my computer has been graced with a
photo with the month's calendar that I got offered as a download from
Washington National Cathedral. (ObAnglican)

It has been fun to have that, though I have been getting a little tired
of it as the year comes to a close: not so much because of the images
themselves, but because I need to remember to change them every month
(and because I also have realized that, after the initial novelty has
worn off, I have not really used them as calendars very often).

I believe that, until I started using those, I had spent the previous
six months or so using the pre-installed backgrounds that came with my
Mac. Heather, I know, uses a lot of desktop themes that she downloads
from some Windows site or another. When I used Windows, I would often
use photos I had taken, but I haven't been taking as many lately.
Especially as I have been here long enough that every walk does not have
that same sense of discovery as when I was newly in Virginia or even
when we had newly moved to this neighborhood. I have also used various
"pretty photos" services over my computer-owning years.

But with the year coming to an end, I will run out of "pages" for my
desktop calendar, so I'll ask:

What are you using on your desktop? Any favorite sites for desktop
images?

Kristin

--
  Kristin Rollins