[Magdalen] Saline.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 16:06:30 UTC 2015

Sterile saline solution (aka "normal saline" to us oldies) is of the same
concentration as bodily fluid. The purpose of the saline gauze is to keep
things moist, as it has been found that wounds heal better in a moist
environment than they do in a dry one, contrary to old popular wisdom,
which said to let things dry out and scab over. Your saline gauze will also
keep the sterile pad from sticking to the wound, which could pry new
healthy baby skin cells loose.

Jay, who once considered becoming a wound care nurse until learning that
also included ostomies