[Magdalen] Feast.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 23:04:58 UTC 2015

Some year we'll do Turkey & 16 Veg a la Dibley, but this year it's
whateversville this evening (might order from our standby, Pizzeria
Aroma, whose very intense, hard-working owner promises his staff is
double-paid tonight and working voluntarily. Then late Mass; I'm
subdeacon and need to print out my pointed epistle to practice the
chant...I'll be assisting a guest celebrant who shouldn't have much
trouble as he used to be on the staff at St Clement's, Philly (Fr.
Ethan Jewett, now interim at Grace Church, Chicago). Tomorrow a decent
amount of sleep followed by food, drink, and family at my dear
partner's sister's house (or her in-laws' home nearby). Highlight of
that is the spicy Italian sausage. Turkey as well.

Can't say I've ever seen an authentic, homemade English-style
Christmas pudding in person, much less tasted one.

Fighting my introvert battle within myself as the desire for solitude
competes with the most mandatory gatherings of the year, with a dollop
of shame for not being with my family in Michigan. I'm just a selfish,
lazy Scrooge but have moments of "Christmas spirit" from time to time.
Still, always relieved when Christmas night rolls around.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA