[Magdalen] Christmas

Bob Rea petard at petard.us
Fri Dec 25 19:24:57 UTC 2015

I wrote this poem in reaction to a Christmas sermon in which the preacher
invited us to contemplate the actual events of the Incarnation but went on to
talk about spiritual things. But I remembered two films on childbirth, one a
Navy film and the other a lesson from Civil Defense on delivering a baby in a
fallout shelter. Incarnation is about flesh and blood. We Christians need to
find our bodies and stay grounded in them.

Incarnation

Mary
Bear the pain
Bear down
And bear the Son
The birth pangs of the new age
Incarnate in your womb
Blood and water mixed
First flow here
Your nine-months burden
Is the first He lifts
Mary
Bear the pain
Bear down
And bear the son

--
Bob Rea
http://www.petard.us

What do you say to Jesus when he comes again?
Where have you been? You said you were coming right back.