[Magdalen] Church Crawl

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Dec 26 16:19:36 UTC 2015

In a message dated 12/26/2015 10:42:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
romanos at mindspring.com writes:

I  thoroughly enjoyed the Late Mass at  Trinity.>>>>>>

As did I.  It was good to see they were not just playing around  with
incense, but used enough to get the visual effects as well as the
olfactory.

The choir was super, but then, you'd expect that from TWS.

Trinity benefits from its completion (present church building) in  1846.
Designed in straight forward gothic revival style, the building avoids  some
of the strange enormities that befell many church structures during
the Victorian period. (cf. Richardson Romanesque, etc.).  Richard  Upjohn
was the architect of the present Trinity.  I believe, if memory  serves,
that
there was some high church remodeling of the sanctuary some years
after the completion of the church.

It's interesting that Trinity doesn't have the reputation of being low
church
the way its descendent, Grace Church does.  Of course all that is  obscured
with the general elevation of ceremonial that has occurred in TEC over  the
past 50 years.

David Strang.