[Magdalen] Chicken pox

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 18:06:19 UTC 2015

I still remember when I brought chickenpox home from preschool. My mother,
an only child, very sheltered, had never had it. So she caught it. And so
did
my three-month-old brother. I remember that he was wrapped and swaddled
to keep himself from scratching. I remember my mother standing, stark
naked,
clinging to the bathroom door frame, just glaring at me. They were both
terribly ill. I think she had to switch him to formula then. Misery all
around.
The vaccine wouldn't be available for another forty-plus years, IIRC.
-M