[Magdalen] Chicken pox

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 04:54:02 UTC 2015

I know there are exemptions now, but at least schools require either proof of vaccination or some kind of record of exemptions in case there is an outbreak. There is no way of requiring anything similar for homeschoolers.

And of course, Virginia has no requirement for any accountability at all for homeschooled students. If parents say they're doing it for religious reasons, the state has no further requirements or input. Children don't have to be taught anything, parents don't have to have a particular educational level themselves, there is absolutely no accountability. I believe there is only one other state where this is true, and I think it's wrong.