[Magdalen] Feast.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Dec 28 04:55:59 UTC 2015

In a message dated 12/27/2015 11:38:21 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

I love  preaching on the Prologue to John.>>>>>>

The Queen (Elizabeth II) used it as the basis for her Christmas
Address this year.

My memory may be fuzzy, but the Prologue to John has served as
the Gospel for the Mass of Christmas Day.  In any case, it is, I  think,
the only time the deacon/priest stops the proclamation at, "and the
Word was made flesh..." and he and the entire congregation goes
down on one knee for awhile before finishing (In the RCC).  I
have always been very impressed by this for it acknowledges the
very essence of Christmas.

Of course the Tridentines still do the "Last Gospel" at the end of
every Mass, complete with the genuflection.

David Strang.