[Magdalen] Chicken pox

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 17:12:29 UTC 2015

There ya go, Chad. Community colleges are great for the kids who don't
belong in high school. I can name at least a dozen kids I went to school
with who patently didn't belong in high school and should have had another
alternative, but there just wasn't one back in the day.

Terri, the girl I spoke about, is taking mostly college courses at this
time. She is interested in film and animation. Tommy, the boy I mentioned,
is fascinated by geology and meteorology. He is a bit young for the
community college just yet, but we have put his parents on to iTunes
University, which has many free courses from a variety of universities
around the world. They had already explored the MIT offerings and some
others. Tommy associates with other kids via the local homeschooling
association, but since he and his parents don't share the fundamentalist
world view of many of them, that isn't the best fellowship in the world.
However, there are apparently a few kids in there who aren't of that
variety.