[Magdalen] Christmas at Good Shepherd, Summerville

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 19:43:03 UTC 2015

This is the fourth Christmas season for The Episcopal Church of the Good
Shepherd, Summerville, SC.  When seven disenfranchised Episcopalians began
reorganization as an Episcopal Church after the schism came to South
Carolina, we had no idea that at this juncture we would be such a strong
congregation.  So much has happened in the invening three years...most of
which I have share along with you so won't repeat it today. In mid-February
I will retire as Good Shepherd's organizing senior warden and pass the
banner to another parishioner.  Another parish job may be in the works for
me...I will let you know how that goes.

We'd love for anyone from Magdalen to worship with us sometime...yesterday
an Episccopal priest and medical ethicist from Houston visited.  So, if
you're in the area.  This is a joy the Episcopal Church being small enough
to know people from many places.

Here is our 2015 Christmas update:

Good Shepherd has experienced graceful fellowship and joyful worship during
the past week. Gifted hands adorned the church with greens and set the
creche. With glorious music and liturgy, on Christmas Eve we welcomed the
Christ Child into the manger of our hearts. Thank you to the Rev. Alastair
Votaw, Priest-in-Charge and to our exceptional choir, directed by Dr.
Valerie Bullock.

On the First Sunday after Christmas, Priest-in-Charge of Trinity Old Swedes
and also Priest Associate at Trinity Parish, Wilmington, DE, the Rev. Ginny
Wilder celebrated and preached. Upon their 50th wedding anniversary, Betsy
and Lindsay Luke renewed their wedding vows. Barbara Wilder Myers of
Wilmington, DE served as soloist. All contributed to another joyful.

Photographs of Christmas at Good Shepherd, Summerville are posted on the
Parish Life Page of our website. Enjoy!

http://www.episcopalchurchofgoodshep-summerville.org/parish…
<http://www.episcopalchurchofgoodshep-summerville.org/parish-life.html>