[Magdalen] Prayer request.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 29 21:43:46 UTC 2015

On 29/12/2015 20:40, M J _Mike_ Logsdon wrote:
> There's those with greater problems than me, so please fit me in as appropriate.
>
> This is a really hard time for me.  I've never spent such a glorious paid vacation in so much pain and mental anguish.  I hurt constantly, though not always to the same intensity, and much less when I take something, but it's always there regardless.  And seeing it daily when I dress it and worrying about what I see and knowing it's still a week before I go back to the doc and hopefully get a diagnosis and prognosis, and that only for the wounds, not the overall problem(s) which clearly continue, though he could easily have something to say about that as well.  I spoke with my nurse yesterday and from my fairly detailed description she said it sounds like it's looking and behaving just like it should, reminded me that redness persists even if the infection if not gone is at least under control, and that such things really do take time and can't be rushed.  She said I could come in for them to look at it, but once again from my description didn't really see the need for me to bother, unless I really wanted to.  I don't, so I won't.  I just needed some reassurance.

I recall five years ago dressing Joan's wound after the removal of an
infected ganglion.  It looked ghastly but on one trip to the nurse so it
was medically monitored she said "granulation" meaning that healing was
clearly occurring.  Sometimes things look worse when healing is actually
happening so don't be discouraged by what you see.  The healing has to
be from the inside out.  Don't be afraid of appropriate pain relief.
> I'm not at all looking forward to work on Monday, though having something else to think about will no doubt be beneficial.  I'm meeting a friend later this week at a local Starbucks just so I can get out of the house for something other than shopping for necessities.  Just trying to remain cheerful, and only sometimes succeeding.

All those calls waiting for you will certainly keep you busy.

Roger