[Magdalen] a death in the family--prayers please

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 23:04:56 UTC 2015

Suicide is a horrible ordeal for those left behind.  It makes us all wonder
if there was something we could have done differently, and of course, no
matter what all the pat-the-hand-there-there folks may say and insist over
and over, we all know that, yes there were things we could and should have
done better, and we all know it. Why? Simple: because none of us are
perfect. When my best friend from growing up took his life, it was a
horrible experience for all of us who knew him, but my professional gut
tells me that no matter what we do, it usually isn't going to be enough.

Yet, it torments us all, and I will have doubts in my heart til I die that
maybe I could have done more.

I hope there are some close trusted folks to sit with the lady who has had
the line of losses. She will need others to sit with her for some time.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford