[Magdalen] Bishop Wright on today's psalm

James Handsfield jhandsfield at att.net
Sun Feb 1 18:48:30 UTC 2015

Wholehearted.
Wholehearted moments seem increasingly rare. Is it the multitasking and the perpetual haste? A poet said, "I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart in the company of the upright." No polite thank you there.
Wholehearted moments align us with the heart of God. They move us from Thank you God for the blessings of this life to I have a glimpse of your heart, God, through what you do and how you do it. They move us to delight in what God delights in and to love what God loves.
A wholehearted moment softens our hearts and points us towards each other. This is why bigotry, estrangement and violence are all examples of halfhearted existence, which is an offense to God and diminishes living for us. What is the story of Jesus but God revealing God's whole heart?
Psalm 111

Education is its own reward, both for the individual and for society.

Jim Handsfield
jhandsfield at att.net