[Magdalen] Bishop Cook: Another unfortunate piece of the story

Mahoney, W. Michael wmmah at stoneledge.net
Wed Feb 4 03:15:47 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 6:10 PM, Ginga Wilder <gingawilder at gmail.com> wrote:

> and a young man is dead because she drove while drunk.

Do we really know this to be true beyond any doubt?  Could it be that it
was the cyclist's fault, in part or entirely?

One ought not drink and drive.  That's not the issue.  And by the available
evidence, Bishop Cook ought not drink at all.  But that does not mean that
she necessarily caused the accident.

One reason not to drink and drive is that you will almost automatically be
presumed to be the cause of any accident in which you are involved.

It may be that the evidence is clear but I haven't seen it.

Mike M.