[Magdalen] Bishop Cook: Another unfortunate piece of the story

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Feb 4 14:10:55 UTC 2015

In a message dated 2/4/2015 6:52:38 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gingawilder at gmail.com writes:

TEC has  an alcohol problem.>>>
In the end, I suspect that the USA percentage of alcohol addicted
(usually listed as around ten per cent) in the general population and
that of Episcopalians is probably similar.

It's probably less among practicing Evangelicals and Jews, as a  group,
and much more among American Indians who have an especially genetic
vulnerability.

For me, though, it's the acceptance of alcohol consumption even in  the
church setting.  I recall my own first wedding where champagne  was
served IN the church parlors.  I can't conceive of that in the  neighboring
Protestant churches.

David Strang.