[Magdalen] a question you should never ask at Walmart

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 15:16:02 UTC 2015

No Asian grocery? Seems like there was an influx of Asian
fisherman/shrimpers in the 1979s, but maybe they didn't make it past Texas
and Louisiana. We have a very strange grocery here, run by some Thai folks,
that started out Asian. Then they discovered they could make even more
money by opening up their trade to the local Hispanic population, so they
became what we refer to as the "Hispasian" market. It is literally half and
half. Kind of bizarre until you get used to it.