[Magdalen] Washington Post article on involuntary hospitalization of the mentally ill

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 17:24:15 UTC 2015

regarding reading the NYer...

I too have stacks  unread. My *plan* used to be when it arrived (always at a
different day) to sit down and begin... and return. Since moving (7 years
ago, can it be?) I have been  unable to sustain this modus operandi so I try
to take it upstairs and read at night after I get in bed.  I will say that
it is getting shorter/smaller so that might make it more easily consumed in
an intentional 2 hours of gift-to-self time.  I do take unread copies (some
a year old) on biz trips and read in airport/plane/during down time while
displaying.

I also subbed to Wired several years ago and it has languished with some
unread. I love that magazine though. It is not just for geeks and it always
has at least one long interesting and relevant feature article, many one
page articles that are highly informative and interesting info-bytes, many
links to their online mag for more info (never follow up on that... and that
style is becoming the way of the future, hastening hard paper copies, I
fear...)

So Ann.... I'm with you on the too much to read, too little time thing.

Lynn

My email has changed to: houstonKLR at gmail.com

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck