[Magdalen] Bishop Cook: Another unfortunate piece of the story

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 18:49:22 UTC 2015

As it happens, we baptised our organist this last Sunday.  And
celebratory sherry was there for those who enjoy it (donated by one of
our stalwarts) and, as always, the usual coffee, tea, etc. -- something
for everyone, including the decorated slab cake and stuff.  One of our
talented newer members had made two baskets full of shortbread crosses,
iced in white with pale blue detail, each in a clear bag with a label
marking the occasion and closed with frilly tie ribbon.  I remarked it
was like the candied almonds at Italian weddings.  A lovely idea.

A very festive occasion!

Marion, a pilgrim ....  today my sail I lift ....