[Magdalen] a question you should never ask at Walmart

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Wed Feb 4 18:53:08 UTC 2015

From: Jay Weigel

>It is always a Good Thing to drive past Whole Paycheck. I used to do that
>every week on my way to Trader Joe's when I lived in Richmond ;->

We did some Whole Paycheck Hopping about 15 years ago when my mother had been
diagnosed as a celiac. But the gluten-free fad had not kicked into high gear,
yet -- so about the only place to get a nice variety of gluten-free food and
ingredients (including cake, cookie and pancake mixes!) was Whole Food.

Once we determined what she could and couldn’t eat, we stopped doing Whole
Foods. I have to admit that I also bought some meat there -- as they were hands
above (and priced above <g>) the quality of any supermarket, or even many
butcher shops.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie