[Magdalen] National TEC policy on Alchol in the Church

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 16:20:42 UTC 2015

Marion, the Theology on Tap programs I've been familiar with literally take place in pubs or other places where there are likely to be unchurched 20- and 30-somethings.

One local Catholic priest hangs out in the Starbucks across from the university campus every Wednesday morning. On Ash Wednesday he offers ashes.

This year, for the second time, a number of the Episcopal clergy in our area are participating in "Ashes to Go" in two areas of downtown Charlottesville. The idea, again, is to go out to where people are and offer them a connection to the Gospel. Sometimes folks want to stop and talk; sometimes they don't.