[Magdalen] My bread recipes

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Sat Feb 7 00:45:44 UTC 2015

Bromates are added to bleach the flour, so what you'd be looking for un
unbleached flour. Being enriched or having conditioners has nothing directly
to do with it. As I mentioned before, King Arthur flour (from Vermont!) is
unbleached, no bromates, but is enriched. At least, that's what the bag in
my cupboard says. It's sold most everywhere in the Northeast, but, according
to their website, not in Houston. You can get it mail order, however:
kingarthurflour.com.

And, BTW, it's bromates which are bad (carcinogenic), bromides are fine. See
http://www.theguardian.com/business/2004/mar/20/medicineandhealth.lifeandhealth

Chad Wohlers
East Bridgewater, MA USA
chadwohl at satucket.com