[Magdalen] Prayers for Keith

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 20:00:59 UTC 2015

Thanks, all... we are still waiting, though the anxiety has eased, Keith
hasn't been anxious at all but I was.

Linda couldn't get to the lesions, they're too deep - and given the
pneumothorax story I'm kind of relieved she didn't try. He has an
appointment with the radiologists on Monday morning; once they've got cells
they should be able to say - if this is metastastis - where it came from.

There are other possibilities but only one of them is worry free ((atypical
haemangiomas). Keith had some blood tests today and will need another one
on Monday, which has to be fasting.

He feels well, no sign of illness, no weight loss. Only went for
investigations because of a nagging pain in his side, the cause of which
still isn't identified. If this is cancer, it's going to be tough to find
the primary but at least the biopsy will tell the doctors where to start.
The MRI showed nothing at all except these liver spots.

As my sister said, back in the day when we didn't have all these fancy
expensive imaging tests, he would have had a biopsy right away and in this
situation that would probably be the best approach - though it is good, I
suppose, to know where cancer is not!!

Sheesh, it's been a tough day, and yet there is peace, for which I thank
God and praying friends. We don't have a lot of friends in PE but Keith's
work colleagues have been great. The doctor says he shouldn't fly too soon
after the biopsy so work needs to be reorganised...Keith was minded to
postpone the biopsy until later in the week to allow for a couple of days
in Jo'burg but thought it through and changed his mind - to my great
relief.

Sally D