[Magdalen] Washington Post article on involuntary hospitalization of the mentally ill

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 22:32:13 UTC 2015

That would be the fault of the professionals.  There is no excuse for the
lack of community care. As I say, it's been a known quantity since the
fifties. And it has a track record reaching way back, so, to sound like a
broken record, there is no excuse.

Some might find this article interesting.  When I began working in mental
health, we were studying all the ideas that have born fruit. This is one of
the older ones.

http://aeon.co/magazine/health/the-town-where-the-mentally-ill-get-a-warm-welcome/

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente