[Magdalen] Brrrrr...

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 00:28:45 UTC 2015

Well, the service went on this morning after all, and 9 hardy souls ventured out for it. The lay pastoral leader told me they usually have 6 or 7, maybe 10, if it's a special day. Reminded me of one of my old churches.  The church was cold, mainly because of the incredibly high wind, and I was glad for the silk long underwear I had on.

One thing I did was to give them the opportunity to sing three hymns from "Lift Every Voice." The priest who usually does the monthly Eucharist doesn't like that hymnal and won't use it.  So I picked three hymns they knew and accompanied them on their new digital YAMAHA piano. I think they were glad for that.

About halfway home, aided by the heater in my car, my hands and feet finally thawed out!