[Magdalen] Brrrrr...

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Mon Feb 16 19:26:12 UTC 2015

Brrr, Chad.  Our furnace is running and running, but the thermostat (in the
back part of the apartment, where it's warmer) says 64 degrees.  I'm about
to go upstairs for the small portable heater, just to use while I'm sitting
here at my desk.  Sun still shining, now 7.3 degrees (feels like minus 3,
it says).  I finished shoveling the drive, came inside, and my clothes were
soaked with sweat, hair wet, etc.  Toes and fingertips a little bit cold,
but ski gloves also wet inside.  I worked hard!  Got it fully shoveled to
the sides on each side, but couldn't get down to the pavement except in one
spot that I kept chipping away at the edges on.  My car is parked at the
curb (got to go out tonight), and I may go out one more time, in an hour or
so, just to see if I can reach any more pavement.  I figure the more dark
pavement I can expose, the faster it all will melt in the sunshine.
Snowbanks must be near 6 feet high on each side of drive and sidewalk now.
Snow nearly melted off my car in the sunshine; I'm worried about our
upstairs front porch, which has about 3 feet of snow on it - can't even get
the door open to get out there, and too tired to shovel it, even if I
could.  Maybe that will be tomorrow's project.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu