[Magdalen] Radiologists

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Tue Feb 17 14:21:33 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 5:38 PM, Allan Carr <allanc25 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't understand the recent negative discussion of radiologists. I have
> had a number of MRIs and several CT scans and, as far as I know, the
> radiologist always interprets the results and sends a signed report to the
> physician who ordered them. This last physician then shares those results
> with the patient and, as far as I know, never looks at the actual images.

My radiology reports are posted to my file on the MSK website so I can view
them. They always specify the description of what they see is an opinion, and
gives a % accuracy estimate.

We had an ergonomics expert at Newsday who was wont to reorganize my desk, PC,
Mouse, Keyboard, chair height etc. I would put things back where I wanted them,
but the HR person would come back and threaten dire consequences if I didn’t
follow her instructions. That led to a terrible case of carpal tunnel, so I went
for an MRI. The technician remarked that with my arthritis so bad, I shouldn’t
notice the pain from the Carpal Tunnel issue <g>. I've had terrible arthritis
pain ever since.

As for the Carpal Tunnel, I got a wrist brace, which I showed to the HR
ergonomic "expert" and told her that I suspected her job was to promote work
injuries amongst the employees. She was not amused.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie