[Magdalen] A quarter century...

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 17 22:42:49 UTC 2015

On 17/02/2015 17:53, Cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:
> In a message dated 2/17/2015 12:36:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> michaudme at gmail.com writes:
>
> but I  bet lots of the old RCs still can do it.
> -M  >>>>
> Low Mass in sotto voce is an expedient for the fast track.
>
> The mostly young priests of the FSSP, though, are drilled
> not to race through the Liturgy, and there are fewer and fewer
> older RC priests who can remember how to do a Latin Tridentine Mass.
> (FSSP = Fraternity of Saint Peter).

I think a crucial point here is that it is the Extraordinary Rite,
something unusual and/or special, rather than the regular rite said
every hour on the hour on Sundays which the faithful were expected to
hear each week. People seek it out so it has to be something meaningful
for them, which means allowing more time and solemnity in the celebration.

Roger