[Magdalen] Westminster.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Feb 18 14:27:15 UTC 2015

Not the Abbey or the Princeton Music School, but rather the premier
USA dog show of the Westminster Kennel Club, New York City in the
Madison Square Garden.

Anyway, it's over for another year with a beagle named Best in Show.

The show took six hours of prime-time television over two nights to  get
through the myriad of breeds.  The Best in Show designation is a  sort
of anachronism to me.  How to you compare a Saint Bernard and a
Chihuahua?

In any case, for me, the Westminster should be titled "The Terriers  and
the rest of the breeds.  Dogs are supposed to look like the classic  terrier
types - Airedale, Welsh, Lakeland, Fox Terrier, etc.  My personal  favorite
breed is the Miniature Schnauzer, classed with the terriers because  of
appearance and personality, but not technically a terrier.  I  enjoy seeing
the
larger Standard Schnauzer and the Giant Schnauzer, too.

A Skye Terrier won the Terrier Group.

It was lots of fun.

David Strang.