[Magdalen] Slimming the Diocese.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Feb 20 15:38:11 UTC 2015

I notice there has been another round of layoffs at the Diocesan
Office in Bethlehem USA.  It's down to the half-time bishop who
also shepherds Western PA, and one other jack-of-all-trades employee.
The Archdeacon is retired, and has been more or less donating his
services in addition.  Two more full time employees received their  pink
slips this time.  They were given a "severance package" plus access  to
professional vocational rehabilitation services in an attempt to  soften
what must be a hard knock.

This seems a far cry from just a couple of years ago when there  were
a half dozen or more full timers at the Diocesan Office, plus the  full
time bishop.

I gather the reason is financial, though I'm not sure why there has  been
such a rapid collapse of funds.

David S.