[Magdalen] He blew the job interview

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sat Feb 21 14:33:33 UTC 2015

Probably some sermon fodder in this story:

Why you should never swear at strangers on the train
The Telegraph (London), By Camilla Turner, 20 Feb 2015

> A commuter who launched a foul-mouthed tirade at a fellow passenger
> he bumped into on a crowded train faced him again just hours later –
> at a job interview.
>
> The man told his future interviewer to “go f*** yourself” as they
> both got off a train at Monument station during rush hour on Monday
> morning.
>
> Later that day, they were reunited but in a much more formal setting,
> with HR executive Matt Buckland interviewing the angry commuter he
> had met on the District line that morning.
>
> "At Monument station, I stood to one side to let someone else off the
> train first and I think he thought I was just standing in his way,”
> Mr. Buckland, head of recruitment for investment firm Forward
> Partners, told BuzzFeed.
>
> "He pushed and I turned, I explained I was getting off too but he
> pushed past and then looked back and suggested I might like to f***
> myself."
>
> During the interview, Mr Buckland said that the job seeker did not
> recognise him, but a few questions about how his journey to work had
> been that morning jolted his memory.
>
> “I asked him how he got to the interview, how was his morning
> commute," he said. "We were on the train in the morning but the
> interview was at 5.30pm that evening.”
>
> Mr Buckland explained that the man, who had applied for a web
> development role at his company, was not offered the job, adding that
> this was nothing to do with the incident that morning...

Full story:
<http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11424226/Why-you-should-never-swear-at-strangers-on-the-train.html>

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie

"The enemy isn’t liberalism;
the enemy isn’t conservatism.
The enemy, is baloney." - Lars Erik Nelson