[Magdalen] Oscars Schmoscars

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 14:51:02 UTC 2015

We do go to movies, but the ones we like are often not the ones people here
will. "Gone Girl" will interest us not one whit. I may watch it when it
comes round on HBO or whatever...assuming I have nothing better to do...but
I can assure you that S/O will not, in fact will probably leave the room if
I do watch. We had planned to see "Jupiter Ascending" despite the bashing
it got from critics, because it's the kind of goofy movie we do like, but
weather did not permit while it was here, so we'll wait for it to come
round on the premium channels. Most of what we go out to see is either
fantasy, sic-fi, or animation, although we are waiting anxiously for "The
Second Most Exotic Marigold Hotel" and we absolutely loved "The Hundred
Foot Journey". (Need I say we are both suckers for those three great dames
of British cinema, Maggie Smith, Judi Dench, and Helen Mirren?)