[Magdalen] Fwd: Tree Legacy.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Feb 26 04:22:34 UTC 2015

____________________________________
 From: Cantor03 at aol.com
To: cantor03 at aol.com
Sent: 2/25/2015 11:21:52  P.M. Eastern Standard Time
Subj: Tree Legacy.

Forty and more years ago, I owned a "wild 80" (acres) in
Chippewa County Wisconsin, about 30 miles from my home in
Eau Claire.

All except perhaps five acres that bordered a state-trunk highway
were wooded with mature, 80' Eastern White Pines (Pinus strobus)
and Norway/Red Pines (Pinus resinosa)

I reforested those front five acres with some Norway Pine seedlings
plus two exotic species - Scots Pines (Pinus sylvestris) and  Japanese
Larch (Larix kaemferi).

This property was sold in 1984 because of my divorce, and I haven't
seen much of it since.

It is fascinating what you find on line these days, and there is an
aerial view map of that region including the wild 80 online.  It  looks
as though some of my plantings have been removed because there
is now a good-sized home on the property.  I suspect, though,  that
some of my planted trees have survived.

I found out who the present owners are via the Chippewa County
Register of Deeds, and I have made snail-mail contact with them to
see if they might fill me in on the present trees surviving on this
property. (They have no listed phones).

They may OTOH, just consider my request as a crank letter and
forget the whole matter.

We shall see.

More anon.

David Strang.