[Magdalen] Life's challenges

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 18:24:54 UTC 2015

Start!  Ah, there's the rub.  If it weren't for the last minute, nothing
would get done.  Good advice, though, which I'll try to listen to.  The
world doesn't care that this is also Lent with three sermons to write
and Lenten Study to lead and Stations and and and.

I know that there are much more serious challenges facing people on this
list and those dear to them.  Real life and death challenges against
which my problems pales.  And I do lift up prayers for our friends and
neighbours in this place.  But I do know that I have a great load of
high stress situations I've been carrying around: maintaining a
unfailingly pleasant manner with Jim these last two and a half years as
the divorce proceeds, the usual round of deaths and family concerns, our
priest leaving and St. Peter's facing a really uncertain future, the
concussion (still no taste or smell and a headful of white noise), and
now this next huge challenge.

Anyway, it helps me to talk, so thanks for listening and thanks for your
kind comments.  I'm not a solitary person (ENFP) and I hate hate hate
that I have to make this cosmic change alone without someone  being part
of it.  Still, it could be worse,  I know that, and I AM strong.

Marion, a pilgrim