[Magdalen] Life's challenges

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Fri Feb 27 02:52:57 UTC 2015

I think that cleaning out the books should come as one unpacks in the new home.

Although I sold/gave away/discarded many books when each time we've moved over
the years, I've found that unpacking and sorting onto shelves yields far more
"What was I **thinking**??" moments when unpacking -- and several cartons go out
at that point.

In the meantime, I have to think about space for another 100 books or so coming
froma library of a deceased friend. From his widow's list, every single one will
need space on a shelf <g>.

The advantage to this is that I have a place where all the books in my home
office/work room are located and everything here will be picked up by a local
library archive upon my death -- which will clear out an entire room.

The Living Room books can be divvied up by my sisters -- or I can find a buyer
for the 33 Oz Books inherited from my mother and the rest.

I don’t know WHAT I was thinking when I saved all those Louisa May Alcott books
of hers <g>

Cheers,
Jim