[Magdalen] The Crows

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Feb 27 20:26:12 UTC 2015

>>>In my grade school library, the presence of chapter books was what divided the library
between the k-2 section and the grades 3-6 section.<<<

That dividing line in my grade school* library was literally a wide piece of dark green duct tape from the top of the shelving unit down to the carpet.  On the left was Beatrix Potter.  On the right was The Outside World.  And I actually didn't use the term "chapter book" until in at least my high school years when I heard a young cousin or nephew use it.  It made sense, so I added it to my vocabulary.

(*Another terminology thread could be on "grade school", "grammar school", and "elementary school", unless it's been touched on before.  I went to an elementary school.)