[Magdalen] Church layouts, was Re: Religion Without God

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Fri Jan 2 12:36:42 UTC 2015

Well, since the Christus Rex is the oldest form of crucifix, and since
"empty crosses" were used as Christian symbolism hundreds of years before
the Medievals thought of putting a dead body on it, I guess everyone's
mileage varies.  It would be nice if we all respected the preferences of
one another, rather than mocking them.

​It's kind of like some people unilaterally deciding to misuse the word
"myth" to denote "falsehood," and attach it to whatever they wish, as if
they "knew" what is in fact, fact about the crucifixion.​

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu