[Magdalen] Singing the new year in

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 01:50:58 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 7:24 PM, Joseph Cirou <romanos at mindspring.com> wrote:

> I know that Church and will try to remember the Saturday before the 4th
> Sunday in February.
> It's on the corner of Glenwood and Columbia Ave (not drive) just up the
> street from Holy Cross Episcopal, not far at all

That's one of the singings I have never attended. Didn't know about it when
I lived in Marietta in the early 70's. There are 3 different versions of
The Sacred Harp in use. The "White" book (revisor was J L White, son of the
compiler B F White. That particular book has never seen widespread use.
Glad to see that it's still going.

> >    - Second Sunday and Saturday before - *United Sacred Harp Musical
> >    Association <http://www.mcsr.olemiss.edu/%7Emudws/united.html>* -
> > Church
> >    of Our Saviour, 1068 North Highland Avenue, Atlanta GA. Info: Jesse P.
> >    Karlsberg.One of the larger conventions (Denson Book).

If the schedule works out, I hope to make this one. The United is one of my
favorites. It is in a different location year-to-year. Haven't been to it
since 2010 in Nashville.

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
 <http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted