[Magdalen] Sauerkraut.

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 01:56:38 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 7:50 PM, Charles Wohlers <charles.wohlers at verizon.net
> wrote:

> Canned anything is usually good for just about forever. (Quality may
> deteriorate, but it won't make you sick). Canned sauerkraut, because it's
> quite acidic, should be good for longer than that.

I'll agree with that assessment. This year, I had a good run of cabbage
(Charleston Wakefield) and made about 14 quarts of kraut The two we've had
so far have been quite good.

This summer, towards the end of the season, I discovered 3 volunteer
tomatoes that had just come up. I potted them and kept them outside until
it started getting a bit chilly. I have a mini-greenhouse - placed them in
there. Moved them out of the greenhouse into the house by a window because
they were getting too large. (I think one is not going to make it, very
wilted looking, dirt is moist so I think it got too cold). The other two
are doing very well - they are from 1.5 to 2 ft tall, the larger one has
bloomed

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
 <http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted