[Magdalen] coffee

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 14:50:16 UTC 2015

Not sure what takes 25 seconds since it takes longer than that to boil
water in my hot shot, Jim, but it sounds like you've got you a winner! Hold
on to it.

I put the water in the hotshot (still working after about thirty years of
almost daily use), spoon out the coffee, the flavored S&S cream powder
(usually hazelnut, but sometimes vanilla) and a dollop of sugar, and by the
time that's done, the water is just about finished heating up. Done.

That Keirrigh thing our accompanist has takes a couple minutes and is just
a royal pain all around.  I am trying to think of a nice way to trash it.
Think I'll try to find a real hotshot for my friend. The trouble is, the
hotshot isn't made anymore. They had a simple freestanding pot you put
water in, pushed a button, and the water heated up in a short time, and you
pushed another lever to dispense it.
However, the jerks running the hotshot company said, "Hey, we've got us a
real winner. What'll we do?"  and the entire boardroom in unison shouted,
"Let's TOY with it!!"
So they have fiddled and faddled, and you can't get a hotshot except with a
bunch of bells and whistles you don't need.
Maybe I can get a hotshot on ebay.....

Hm. Just took a look on the web, and apparently Sunbeam has a new
boardroom.  They are now selling a hotshot again.  I'm happy!

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente